Sundog Socks - Knitting Pattern PDF
These socks, graded to fit most adult-sized feet, are worked from the top down and have a flap-less gusset heel, sometimes known as a Strong heel, a decorative flower toe, and a textured stitch pattern.
This pattern is written in needle neutral terms and can be worked on dpns or circular needles with your favorite small circumference circular knitting method.
A series of free companion videos will be available on YouTube beginning March 12, 2020. Topics include:
- 4 Tips for Knitting Socks with Self-Striping Yarn
- Casting on Two at a Time Socks from the Top Down*
- Working Two at a Time Socks on One or Two Circular Needles*
- Triple Knot
- Top Down Gusset Heel (a.k.a. Strong Heel)
- Flower Toe
* This pattern is written in needle neutral terms and the socks can be knit one at a time.
Required Skills: basic knit and purl stitches, repetitive stitch patterns
Skill Level: 3 - Intermediate
Yarn Weight: 1 - Super Fine
Recommended Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL (shown in color J1)
Recommended Needle Size: US size 1.5 (2.5 mm) dpns or circular needles
Finished Measurements: Adult Size XXS (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL)
Pattern Length: 6 pages