Cereus Sweater - Knitting Pattern PDF
This seamless yoke sweater is knit from the top down with a simple, ribbed texture. The design features seamless construction, gender-neutral shaping, a rounded neckline and long sleeves.
If finished neatly, this sweater is reversible and can be worn with either the right or wrong side on the outside.
Due to the prominent ribbing in the sweater, the pattern gets its name from the plant genus Cereus which includes about 30 species of large, columnar cacti (such as the Night Blooming Cereus).
A series of free companion videos will be available on YouTube beginning February 18, 2021. Topics include:
- Provisional Cast On in the Round Around a Spare Cord
- Lifted Purl Increases (Right and Left)
- Joining a New Yarn When Splicing Won't Work
- Wrapped Provisional Cast on for Sweater Underarm Stitches
- Alternating Suspended Bind Off
- Knitting Math for Even Decreases and Increases
- Top-Down Sweater Sleeves: Mind the Gap
Skills: basic knit and purl stitches, repetitive stitch patterns, knitting in the round, short rows
Yarn Weight: 2 - Fine
Recommended Yarn: Ewe So Sporty by Ewe Ewe Yarns (shown in color 50 Pistachio)
Recommended Needle Size: US size 4 (3.5 mm) circular knitting needles
Pattern Length: 9 pages
Cereus Sweater Yarn Kits are available from Ewe Ewe Yarns.
Recommended Video Tutorials