Knit Inc Sampler Squares - Knitting Tutorial/Pattern PDF
Learn a variety of knit increase (inc) methods with photo tutorial lessons and practice block patterns.
Individual blocks can be used as swatches to study and compare the appearance of different increases. For a more challenging project, blocks can be joined to create a larger piece such as a scarf, blanket, bag, poncho… The combinations and possibilities are limitless.
Sampler blocks are knit in the round, from the center out. The block patterns are written in needle neutral terms and can be worked using your favorite small circumference knitting method. However, using DPNs makes it easier to identify each side of the square.
Required Skills: basic knit and purl stitches, knitting in the round
Skill Level: 2 - Easy
Yarn Weight: 4 - Medium
Recommended Yarn: Ewe Ewe Yarns Wooly Worsted
Recommended Needle Size: US size 8 (5 mm) DPNs
Finished Measurements: Each block is 5 1/2 inches square
- Lesson 1: Make 1 Left (M1L) and Make 1 Right (M1R)
- Block 1: Make 1 increases slant away from the diagonals of the square
- Block 2: Make 1 increases slant toward the diagonals of the square
- Lesson 2: Lifted Increase Left (LIL) Lifted Increase Right (LIR)
- Block 3: Lifted increases slant away from the diagonals of the square
- Block 4: Lifted increases slant toward the diagonals of the square
- Lesson 3: Median Increase Left (MIL) and Median Increase Right (MIR)
- Block 5: Median increases slant away from the diagonals of the square
- Block 6: Median increases slant toward the diagonals of the square
- Lesson 4: Yarn Over (YO) and Open Make 1 (OM1)
- Block 7: Yarn over increases
- Block 8: Open make 1 increases
Lesson 5: Closed Yarn Overs 4 Ways
- Block 9: Closed yarn over with dominant left leg
- Block 10: Closed yarn over with dominant right leg
Lesson 6: Knit Front and Back (kfb) and Knit and Purl (kp)
- Block 11: Knit Front and Back
- Block 12: Knit and Purl
After purchasing the pattern, customers will receive free pattern updates as new lessons and blocks are added.
(The purchase price of this pattern will increase as new lessons are added by $.025 per block until all 16 blocks are complete.)