This knit sock pattern has a secret element that is best seen by the knitter and the sock wearer, a panel of large, lace hearts down both the front and back of the leg. These socks are knit from the top down and have a subtly curved garter stitch cuff. The socks have a flap and gusset style heel.
The pattern includes both a stitch chart and written instructions.
This pattern is written in needle neutral terms and can be worked on dpns or with the magic loop method on long circular needles.
Yarn Weight:1 - Super Fine
Recommended Yarn: Schoppel Admiral Cat Print
Recommended Needle Size: US size 1.5 (2.5 mm) dpns or long circular needles
sock leg height (floor to top of cuff) - 8 1/2 inches or 10 1/4 inches
Pattern Length: 6 pages
What to Expect
- basic knit and purl stitches
- repetitive stitch patterns
- basic lace
- charted and written instructions
- small circumference knitting in the round
Construction and Shaping
- flap and gusset heel
- rounded wedge toe
- Cable Cast On with addi FlexiFlips
- The Meaning of 'No Stitch' on a Stitch Chart
- Knit 4 Together and Slip 4 Knit (k4tog/s4k)
- Right and Left Twists (t2r/t2l)
- Preventing Gusset Gaps
- How to Turn a Sock Heel
- Picking Up Stitches on a Garter Edged Heel Flap
Recently Viewed Products
My patterns are designed, not just written down, because I want your project to be a success!
Before knitting begins, I sketch ideas, test yarns, stitch swatches, create charts, do math and consider a variety of skills and construction methods. Each pattern uses standard knitting terminology and notations, is edited for technical accuracy and has a logical, easy-to-read format.
I do the work so you can relax and enjoy the knitting.