These socks, graded to fit most adult-sized feet, are worked from the top down and have a flap-less gusset heel, sometimes known as a Strong heel, a decorative flower toe, and a textured stitch pattern.
This pattern is written in needle neutral terms and can be worked on dpns or circular needles with your favorite small circumference circular knitting method.
Yarn Weight: 1 - Super Fine
Recommended Yarn: Zitron Trekking XXL (shown in color J1)
Recommended Needle Size: US size 1.5 (2.5 mm) dpns or circular needles
sock leg height from floor to top of cuff - 7 (8, 8, 8, 9, 9, 9) inches
Pattern Length: 6 pages
What to Expect
- basic knit and purl stitches
- repetitive stitch patterns
- small circumference knitting in the round
Construction and Shaping
- flapless gusset heel
- flower toe
- 4 Tips for Knitting Socks with Self-Striping Yarn
- Casting on Two at a Time Socks from the Top Down*
- Working Two at a Time Socks on One or Two Circular Needles*
- Triple Knot
- Top Down Gusset Heel (a.k.a. Strong Heel)
- Flower Toe
Recently Viewed Products
My patterns are designed, not just written down, because I want your project to be a success!
Before knitting begins, I sketch ideas, test yarns, stitch swatches, create charts, do math and consider a variety of skills and construction methods. Each pattern uses standard knitting terminology and notations, is edited for technical accuracy and has a logical, easy-to-read format.
I do the work so you can relax and enjoy the knitting.